• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Did i kill brain cells?

TheMadHatter

Greenlighter
recently i got a new prescription for pain medication and although i knew not to mix it with depressants i didn't think of how long the half life of my anxiety medication was. thursday midnight i took 2mg of valium, then i took my painkillers early friday morning (8 oclock), and noticed more pronounced sedation. at 6pm i took the painkillers again (the last dose wasn't that active anymore). around 8pm i noticed a scary side effect

it wasn't hard to breath, i did however notice i couldn't feel my lungs/the air they were circulating so i forced myself to breath manually until 11 at night. breathing became automatic around 11 and while i no longer had to concentrate on every inhalation, my breathing was still very depressed.

by 2am though still suppressed i was getting enough oxygen every minute from autonomic respiration (of this i'm sure) and at 2:30 i went to sleep. if my breathing was natural and enough to fuel my body awake (though still faint) would i have been safe to go to sleep? (without depriving my brain of air) i have felt off (no emotions, less concentration, and generally alien) since that night... i have taken the opiates every day after that though...

Trust me, no brain damage.

I am not a doctor, but this is one question I've thoroughly researched myself mate.